Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Not the Mama

Mother and Father are still away in Egypt and so I'm still performing the tasks of a mommy. Here are some motherly things I've done so far:
*Cooking...dinner every night (even though it was just for sisters because it usually wasn't vegan), sometimes breakfast, making little sis school lunches, dessert for little sis youth group...some foods:
~tomato soup and grilled cheese
~chinese chicken salad, homemade cream cheese filled wontons
~tortilla chicken soup
~butternut squash risotto, garlic bread, caesar salad
~cheddar broccoli soup
~banana nut bread
~chocolate cupcakes with vanilla cream filling
~frosted sugar cookies
~cream cheese gooey dessert bars
~vegan pancakes for me :-)
*Cleaning...it's strange how even with minus two people, the mess multiplies by 15
*Laundry
*Dishes
*Lots of love and playing

I usually do most of these mommy duties anyway, plus many more not listed, but it just feels more real without the parents.

On a more important note...it's raining cats and dogs out and it is time to go puddle jumping! Yes puddle jumping, a lovely activity I used to do when I was younger with friends, but now I'm older and no friends live around here still. So here is my justification... The townspeople here have seen me do some pretty weird things over the years so they wouldn't think it was crazy if i am outside swimming in the puddles and splashing about all alone. They'll see me and think "Oh it's just that Mishler, we will just steer clear and let her be" and voila! my puddles and i are home free. Then i can teach the youngens the puddle jumping techniques that they don't know and I will be the leader of the puddle jumping brigade, marching through town followed by my pupils and amateur jumpers, guiding them as we perfect the art of puddle jumping.

4 comments:

  1. that menu is quite impressive my dear. toats ma goats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would be a great mother. grandma sycamore pb and honey sandwich please(with some nesquik on the side)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your cooking has come a long way from the concoctions we used to make Mike McKinney eat. Also, Cheers to being the Loomis Puddle Rabbi.
    <3 Kow

    ReplyDelete
  4. So did you end up puddle jumping??

    ReplyDelete